November 21, 2008

{ Muddy Buddies }

I got some great comments from my last post about how good my handwriting is on my project. I have a confession. Although I do have some nice handwriting, I cheated. I used the old trick of printing out the { JOY } on my computer, rubbing a pencil on the back, turning it over & tracing it onto my bowl. Don't look too close at it. By the end I did have to do some freehand when the pencil started rubbing off as I was going over it with my Sharpie. But, thank you for thinking I was really that talented to be able to freehand it. You gals know how to make a girl feel good about herself.

On to my post for the day, I have another recipe for you. This is my son's favorite treat...Muddy Buddies. The title alone sounds like boys should like it. I'm sure some of you have already tried this one.

Muddy Buddies
9 cups Chex cereal (our favorite it Chocolate Chex)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar

In a 1 qt. bowl microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter & butter for about 1 minute & stir. Microwave 30 second longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal & stir until evenly coated. Pour into 2 gallon Ziploc bag & add powdered sugar. Shake bag until evenly coated. Spread on cookie sheet & store in airtight container in refrigerator.

I taught a class at church a couple of days ago titled Neighbor Gifts & Goodies-Easy & Budget Friendly Ideas for the Holidays. I used Muddy Buddies for one of the ideas & this is how I packaged it up to display.

It's all in the presentation, right? Put it in a bowl {the one with { JOY } on the bottom}, tie with a ribbon, make a cute tag & it's ready to give away. But make sure you save some for yourself. It's too yummy to give all of it away.

1 comment:

AJ said...

This stuff is addicting isn't it?! We call it Puppy Chow. Love how you made the tag for it. Might have to steal that idea too:)