December 18, 2008

{ Oh, What a Beautiful Morning }

All of the rain yesterday made for a beautiful morning. I love to see snow on our little mountain here in So. California. It only happens, maybe, once a year so, it's a big deal to us. My kids were so hoping it would snow down on us too. It sure felt cold enough but, no such luck. And this morning was bright & sunny.

I've been busy preparing neighbor & teacher gifts. I made these mini cookies out of Spritz cookie dough & put them in some mason jars that I had. Recycle, reuse right? The cookies are so yummy! So much so that out of the 8 jars I made, I only have 5 left. Hmm...I've got to get them delivered before hubby cracks open another one.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for a few weeks. Yay! I just about finished my shopping today. And thank goodness because it is crazy out there!

What ideas did you come up with for your teachers & neighbors this year?

9 comments:

Angie said...

I love the picture of the mountain..what a wonderful view to have every day! Your cookies in a jar are adorable...we did a handpainted ornament with a letter of gratitude for each teacher. Our neighbors (all 2 of them!) always get a platter of baked goodies..which I have yet to bake..hehe...I am a bit behind to say the least! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your break kiddos!

Amber Filkins said...

So adorable!! I used recycled jars, and put Poppycock in them, spray painted the lids white, and wrapped the jar in pretty wrapping paper strips.

But I LOVE the way yours turned out!

Sheila said...

I love your jar idea; will have to copy it. I just bought Spritz muffin. Hopefully it will be as yummy as you think the cookies are.

~ Stacey ~ said...

A box of see's candy HA HA HA

Jenny said...

Wish I was as crafty as you. The cookie jars to too cute! My girls teachers each got pizza gift cards. I was hoping to give them an easy meal during this crazy time of year.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Hi Jamie!
I came over here somehow (now I forget how) and I am glad I did! It's been fun looking through your blog! I love the cookie jars! I will definitely be back to visit! :)
Carrie

AJ said...

What a view! Can't imagine being able to see that everyday:) Love how you put the cookies in the jars! We make the spritz cookies every year as well. So yummy!! So are you ready for Christmas?! Would you believe that we have not wrapped ONE gift yet?! Crazy!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Those mountains remind me of the San Bernardino mountains where I'd lived in So. Cal. It'd be great if you'd be willing to share your cookie recipe. They look delish. The mason jars a creative change from the traditional box or bag.

Sweet Holly-day Wishes,
Sara

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

P.S. I guess I'm not sure what a Spritz muffin mix is? That you used to create the cookies.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara