May 19, 2010

{ GW }

I am FINALLY getting Girls Weekend {or GW} pictures up! Sorry it has taken me so long.

Okay! Last year we started a GW tradition of a Favorite Things exchange. Each of us brings 7 of 1 item that is one of our favorite things and we exchange them. So then we go home with 7 different fun items. Does that make sense? Probably not. Sorry. Here were our favorite things last year...
And this years...

It is such a fun tradition. We don't go crazy, in fact it's always tricky trying to find something that's not too expensive. Mom was watching through the window while we did the exchange...

Hey, wait! Aren't you supposed to be in Hawaii, Mom? Yep, Mom couldn't be with us this year because her & Dad are in Hawaii, serving a mission for our church. But, we wanted her there with us, so we came up with an idea...
Okay, okay! I know we're cheesy, but we thought it was funny. We put a picture of our mom's face on a cardboard movie stand up thing. ha, ha! It freaked us out most of the time, but it was nice to see Mom's beautiful smile every day.

Anyway, we like to try a new craft every GW and since Sheri was our hostess {each of us take turns hosting at our homes}, she got to choose the craft. I'm sure you have all seen those cute flowers that have the burnt edges, yes? We gave it a try...


Can you see my mom's cutout in the background? Looking good, Mom!


Of course, I forgot to take a picture of everyone's creations. Duh! But here is Mom wearing one of the flowers that Sheri made. hee, hee. We crack ourselves up.


I took a picture this morning of my two, yes I only made two, flowers. Pretty, though...

The next day, Sheri's friend & makeup artist, Sloan, came over to show us makeup tricks. She is the beautiful girl in the back with the turquoise earrings.

She was so nice & really helped those of us who are makeup challenged...ahem...me. :)

And here we all are, minus two who couldn't make it...

Okay, minus three who couldn't make it...we love you, Mom, Katie & Erin...
from left to right: Jamie, Sheri, Traci, Laurel, April & Bob

Until next year girls!

P.S. We had some good eatin' at GW. Sheri sure is a great cook. She sent me her recipes & we will be sharing them in our next post.

2 comments:

Darth Mama said...

i live in hawaii, what ward is she serving in. or is she at the visitors center?

sloan said...

That was such fun!!!!! I will come to any GW and be apart of it!!! WOW!!! I want to start that tradition!!!